Program Manager, Latino Pastoral Leaders Initiative
Leadership Roundtable is a responsive and innovative partner to Catholic leaders in the areas of management and leadership development. We provide custom support to implement comprehensive managerial best practices, while also supporting the development of current and future leaders. We do this so that the Church and Catholic entities can more effectively serve and amplify their mission.
Leadership Roundtable Mission
Leadership Roundtable promotes best practices and accountability in the management, finances, communications, and human resources development of the Catholic Church in the U.S., including greater incorporation of the expertise of the laity.
Leadership Roundtable is looking for a Program Manager to lead its newly created Latino Pastoral Leaders Initiative and become a part of our Services and Programs team. The Latino Pastoral Leaders Initiative will increase access to critical leadership development and pastoral management trainings, coaching, peer support, and pastoral mentors for Latino Catholic pastoral leaders as they transition to their first pastoral leadership role. The optimal candidate will be a content expert in program design and leadership development, a skilled facilitator, and equipped to deliver Leadership Roundtable's programming in Spanish and English. She/he will work closely with Leadership Roundtable staff, the Latino Pastoral Leaders Initiative Advisory Committee, and the Mexican American Catholic College, to develop new approaches to emerging challenges and opportunities experienced at the diocesan and parish level.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of a culturally-informed ministerial capacity-building program for Latino pastoral leaders transitioning to their first pastoral leadership role
- Serve as client engagement manager for cohorts in the Latino Pastoral Leader Initiatives and other clients as assigned
- Participate in staff meetings and annual planning process
- Write reports for board, foundations, donors, partners, etc.
Program and Services Delivery
- Deliver across suite of Leadership Roundtable services and programs and assist in the development of new services and resources
- Deliver effective consultation and coaching services
- Develop and effectively manage program timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables
- Facilitate small- and large-group meetings, trainings, and presentations and coach priests and lay ecclesial ministers.
- Track program against the strategic plan and its budget; report status on a regular basis
- Rigorously evaluate work and impact
- Speak at national convocations, conventions, and other gatherings
- Be able to respond with knowledge, experience, and credibility to wide-ranging questions from Church leaders
- Link clients to peers already doing best practices
- Lead initial exploratory/assessment conversations with prospective clients
Read the Signs of the Times
- Keep up with standards and best practices in areas like human resources, nonprofit accounting, emerging governance models, and accountability systems for clergy and laity
- Maintain relationships with a broad network of subject matter experts in the fields of, management, leadership, finance, communications, etc.
- Commitment to Leadership Roundtable’s mission and values
- Strong familiarity with and knowledge of teachings, hierarchy, and functional structure of the Catholic Church
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including strong grammar skills, editing, and proofreading in both Spanish and English
- Master’s degree or higher in a related area such as nonprofit management, business management, pastoral management, theology, ministry, etc.
- A minimum of 10 years of successful experience in a senior leadership role in a diocese or other Catholic organization
- Proven ability to coordinate, present, and evaluate programs
- Exceptional presenter/trainer with national experience
- Current expertise in a Catholic context of management, leadership, organizational development, and/or nonprofits
- Proven success across functions with ability to learn new areas (finance, management, human resources, planning, communications, development and stewardship, etc.)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once, meet deadlines, and be flexible
- Ability to work sensitively with a wide range of leaders
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and self-disciplined
- Natural networker and connector
- Ability to travel frequently for multiple, consecutive days
- Demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively
- Ability to articulate and achieve defined and measurable goals
- Proficient with Google suite of products: Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive
- Competitive non-profit salary based on experience and qualifications
- SEP-IRA: 10% of annual salary, paid quarterly
- Benefits: Full health, dental, and vision are provided
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Leave as per Leadership Roundtable policy